The number one question asked when looking to invest in a silk pillowcase is “How do I wash my silk pillowcase?” or “Can I wash my silk pillowcase in the washing machine?”
Unlike some silk clothing and pillowcases which is often manufactured using a light low (under 19) momme silk fabric and requires dry – cleaning only, all of our silk clothing and pillowcases are designed using a high grade (25 momme) silk fabric which means you are able to wash your silk products by hand or in the washing machine.
Follow these simple steps to prolong the life of your silk pillowcase
1. Turn your silk pillowcase inside out or place inside an old pillowcase or laundry bag to protect your silk during the wash cycle.
2. Place your silk pillowcase in the washing machine on a cold or warm delicate cycle with a maximum water temperature of 30C.
3. Use a laundry detergent that does not contain enzymes or bleach as this will damage your silk pillowcase.
4. Line dry out of direct sunlight.
5. Place straight on your pillow and enjoy your beauty sleep.